Important Notes and Frequently Asked Question’s
A risk management questionnaire must be completed annually.
When Must I Complete The Questionnaire?
As from 1 July 2016, the questionnaire MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST ONCE PER YEAR. The AIIF will not provide indemnity when you have a claim, until you provide it with a copy of a questionnaire which has been completed within the past year.
You may complete the questionnaire at any time, even if your firm does not have any claims pending. (In order to make it easier and save time, you might wish to complete it at the time when you complete your top-up insurance proposal or Fidelity Fund Certificate application. That way, you will have much of the information at your fingertips.)
Where do I get a copy of the questionnaire?
- You can complete a hard copy and send it to us. (You can obtain a copy from the AIIF or download it from our website Here)
- What is expected of my firm?
- Every practice MUST properly complete this assessment every year and must submit it together with the claim form to the AIIF before indemnity can be provided.
- It must be completed by a SENIOR PARTNER/SOLE PRACTITIONER/RISK and/or COMPLIANCE OFFICER or MANAGER/CHAIR OF THE RISK COMMITTEE.
- When answering certain questions, you will come across the following request:
“If no, see Risk Management Tips on our Website.” If you do not have access to the internet and would like a copy of these tips, we can send you one by e-mail on request.
Some of the questions do not really apply to me as I am a single practitioner with no staff/few staff. What should I do?
The questionnaire is aimed at practices of all sizes and types. Inevitably, there will be some questions that are not applicable to your practice. If that is the case, by all means answer “n/a”.
Please read the following before the self-assessment is done:
Why do you want the information?
The information which we ask for in this assessment will be treated as strictly confidential. It will not be disclosed to any other person, without your practice’s WRITTEN permission. It will also not be used by the AIIF in any way to affect your practice’s claims records or individual cover. An analysis of information and trends revealed by your answers may be used by the AIIF for GENERAL underwriting and risk management purposes. I elaborate below:
- To assist the insurer when setting and structuring deductibles and limits of indemnity for the profession as a whole, deciding on policy exclusions, conditions and possible premium setting.
- To raise awareness about risk management and to get practitioners thinking about risk management tools/procedures for their practices.
- To obtain relevant and usable general information and statistics about workloads, staff numbers, types of matters dealt with, stress levels, risk management/practice management and claims history.
- To gain insight into which risk management/practice management procedures are in place/need to be in place in practices.
- To assist in the selection and formulation of the most effective risk management interventions.
- To assist in formulating a strategy to improve risk management/practice management at all levels.
General Manager, AIIF
(012) 622 3928